Secrets To Successful Buying a Cabin For Sale in Gatlinburg
Secrets to Having A Successful Smoky Mountain Rental Cabin
Having a successful Smoky Mountain Rental Cabin in either Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge or Sevierville is not hard.
1) Location does matter. Cabins that are located within 10 minutes of Parkway rent better and have more return visitors.
2) Driveway needs to be paved. No one like to drive on gravel or mud and get stuck.
3) Driveway needs to be flat. No one likes to worry if there car is going to roll away,
4) Yard needs to have usable space for cooking out.
5) Driveway needs to have ample parking.
6) Curb appeal matters. There should be no rotted or damaged wood or places that need paint or staining.
7) Size Matters Three or four bedrooms rent out the most.
8) Bathrooms are important. Each bedroom should have a separate bathroom. Ideally there is also a half bath.
9) Views are important. Make sure you have a good mountain view.
10) Make sure all systems hot tub, heating/ air conditioning, television, plumbing, appliances work.
11) Make sure the kitchen is fulling stocked with pots, pans, plates, and working appliances.
12) Amenities matter inside and outside. If your cabin is in a subdivision that has a full amenity package that is a plus. Your cabin should have a hot tub, some board games, pool table and video games.
13) A clean cabin in good condition is important. People do not want to worry about dirt, dirty laundry, or a broken rocking chair.
14) Plan for off season vacancies. Keep cash to cover the slower months.
15) Not all cabin companies treat every cabin the same. Splits with rental companies can vary. Shop for the best deal.
16) Cabins with pools in basement are currently super hot.
17) Do a Spring and Winter super clean up
18) If some thing breaks have it repaired right then.
19) Quality matters. Kitchen do not have to have granite counter tops but don't use a low end material. Furniture and linens needs to be good durable quality.